PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cadet Programme
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2017, 10:39
momo95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I find this interesting, not just about BA but about the industry as a whole.

This effectively sends out the message that to be a pilot, you need cash, a lot of it ... lots and lots of cash (well hello?).

Yes it's nothing new, but in recent times it seemed many big players were taking strides towards changing that, saying it isn't how it should be and doing whatever possible to enable all to apply.

Well it looks like it was 1 step forward and 3 steps back, we've gone back to giving no financial help and the training is now suddenly almost double what it was. We were better 10 yrs ago basically. Even ex ctc/oaa cadets will tell you they paid like 75k ... when they hear today's figures their negative reaction pretty much tells it all.

These schools, one in particular, now seem to be placing themselves as somewhat of a business institution rather than a flight school, i don't know they don't give the feel and presence of a flight school, yes of course all schools are a business ... but it's scary with them. Especially the 'solutions' bit, sounds like an IT firm or something. Flying anyone? ... but this is it.

Anyway as was already said, there is no flight training worth anything close to 115k. I am going through the process myself and am seeing everything involved ... it can be logically deduced therefore that 115k is therefore only going to line the pockets of rich people, and no you won't be included. They trick people into paying it by advertising that somehow only they can make you a very good pilot, dare go somewhere less famous ... oops ... you may not be a good pilot. This is the image they create and feed to the mothers and fathers at open days who understandably only want the best for their children and so will suck it all up and do anything to send little Johnny there.

Although the reality of all this hype was showed up to be the rubbish that it truly is when you had ex business institution cadets going up against modular cadets from one of the multitude of smaller schools around ... and the modular guys were actually getting the jobs. Buyer beware.