PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Cancelling flights!
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2017, 21:04
Marchettiman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carpe diem or in English, seize the opportunity, is where Ryanair pilots and cabin crew must now be at. I sincerely hope you all stick together in the face of what I see to be the most unpleasant corporate bullying tactics I can imagine, it is possibly worse than those used in North Korea.
I am not aircrew, just an aviation minded business owner who values my employees; because while not appearing on the balance sheet they make the company what it is, and what our customers like about us. And I also understand, appreciate and reward the support we get from their families, when we all need to work long and inconvenient hours to finish a job or look after a customer.
In my view the ethics of Ryanair as a business stink, I will never forget their decision a long time ago to charge extra for disabled passenger facilities. It might be the Pound Shop of the aviation world, but at least that company treats its staff and customers well, otherwise they wouldn’t have any. How does any employee (or contractor) proudly wear the uniform or tell friends, new and old, they work for Ryanair? If I met someone who said he/she was a Ryanair Captain I would feel sorry for them rather than have respect.
I have only once travelled with the airline, it wasn’t disastrous, just unpleasant, mainly because the cabin crew were a bit like zombies doing what they had probably be told to do and nothing more.