PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British airways pension to close.
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2017, 15:58
2 Whites 2 Reds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah I'm just not sure what the future holds for pensions tbh. The government want us all to have them but then sees fit to dip their paws into our money every few years with cunning rule changes. Fiscal responsibility just isn't rewarded anymore, it's seen as the rich sitting on big nest eggs for the treasury to take a bite out of whenever the chancellor fancies it.

You're wise going down the multi prong route to retirement security. I'm doing the same albeit with property. Although landlords are being hammered too

Back to the BA situation....I read the various emails (albeit not all of them ) and noted that NAPS will be given a sum of money to kick off their BARP2 accounts while current BARP1 members will get what their given and be happy with it because it's "an improvement". I would argue that it's not really an improvement. I would also argue that, while I completely get the NAPS members frustration and concerns, it's unfair to divide the workforce in such a way and continuing to do so only weakens us, which is of course why big companies use such methods. I firmly believe that we should be resisting the divide and conquer tactics once and for all. I'm very happy to support my NAPS colleagues at every opportunity and hope for the same in return.