PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Daylight flight, shades down 100% request
Old 15th Oct 2017, 20:14
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Takeoff & landing: XAA rules state blinds open. That's all, nothing else about the flight. Courtesy, perhaps, during hours of sleep, i.e. night hours on takeoff clock, then closed as well. Morning sun at 03.00 is not very welcome. But a daylight flight westbound??? So then what. Is this a 'reasonable command for a/c safety by the crew'? If you refuse are you 'endangering the flight?' Were these conditions stated in your ticket purchase? is it at the whim of the purser? Are you liable to arrest if you refuse? One person's comfort is another's discomfort. Who is to decide? Was it a request from a pax that the blinds be down? Was there a democratic vote? Am I rebel? Damn right, when it comes to being surrounded by fools.
Flying over some of the earth's beautiful places and hidden from view. Daft and un-reasonable. If someone wants to sleep, in an upright position you'll be lucky, you have eyeshades. If you want to watch the unreal world on a video then the airlines should have designed a screen unaffected by sunlight, like my e-reader.