PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines (info please)
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2017, 12:58
Yesse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sunliner81
I agree with you with regards to your advice for pilots who are considering a long term career at VN. The outlook is not very good. In the past it was good in terms of longevity, but nothing last forever. Remember, not everyone is looking for a long term thing and I believe there is still a few years left in it for captains. In saying this, you would be pretty foolish as an expat in any foreign country to expect longevity as a pilot on contract.

Who the hell needs or wants a car in Vietnam?? The pay is good, the commute is good. What else do you expect or want from a S/E Asian nation? Where else do you think is better for an expat with regards to lifestyle? China? Africa, Middle East? If you can't be satisfied in Vietnam, you will probably never be satisfied anywhere. Probably best to go home my friend, or are you unhappy there too?
Many people love to drive cars everywhere. But here is impossible... No rules, and of course, no respect anywhere. Easy to find a huge bus invading ur lane, and flashing lights, asking you to abandon your lane for him to pass. The red lights are ignored also, and many many other things... Just like 9 million people driving on the street same as 4 years old kids with bicicles in the park, same rules. Examples better than VN? Where the streets are clean, and at least there is more order for living, which finally means a better quallity of life... Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Indonesia and yes, even China. You fly to China anyway with VNA, but flying in a chinese airline, at least they will give you always more priority than VNA. So, better to fly in China than VNA under all points of view. The only one thing i would recomend is, for a short period of time, fly with VNA, leave before you are being fired shortly, gain experience in this side of the world, then your transition will be better and easier. VNA is very relaxed, because they still have not much idea about anything... They just pretend to know. So you will feel comfortable and relaxed. Then, go to another better place. So just consider VNA as a transition company, don’t think about any future here. I hope we agree with this now. Good luck.