PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK ownership dispute
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2017, 09:46
Homsap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
According to the CAA registerm the University of Edinburgh Sport Union are the registered owners of three gliders and a hot air balloon is owned by two trusties of the Hot Air baloon club. In relation to the powered aircracraft G-GEOS the registered owner is as follows:

UNIVERSITY COURT OF THE UNIVERSITY OF EDINBURGH
FINANCE DEPT, CHARLES STEWART HOUSE
9-16 CHAMBERS STREET
EDINBURGH
EH1 1HT

The above doesn't sound like the sports union have a claim. If Scottish law is similar to english law, I would have though any third parties who contributed to it could claim a beneficial interest in law.

Finally to add, if you google G-GEOS under images, there are several photos of this aircraft, will School of Geosciences, University of Edinburgh written on the side, with Edinburgh University logo on it, also two very large electronic underwing pods. I suspect this aircraft is purely for academic research and I doubt that the university would allow it to be used for recreational flying based on the xpensive kit attached to it.

If anyone has the ability to put a photo of G-GEOS on here, please do so.

To further add this comes from Edinburgh Univesity website:

The Facility operates a Diamond HK36 TTC-ECO aircraft and a sophisticated suite of scientific instruments to help us support researchers in their studies of the lower atmosphere, its interactions with the vegetation below and the processes that shape our planet’s surface. The aircraft enables us to make atmospheric measurements up to 10,000 feet (or above) and to produce images of the Earth’s surface using sensors similar to those carried onboard satellites. We are able to directly measure the exchange of gases between the earth’s vegetation and the atmosphere while flying low above the ground, which is a vital tool in understanding the effect of natural processes on human emissions in the atmosphere (and vice versa). The ECO-Dimona platform is also very suitable for the testing and development of new sensor technologies for environmental research.

Diamond HK36 TTC-ECO Aircraft
Our new aircraft is of a type described as a self-launching motorglider and was made by Diamond Aircraft in Austria. Its type is an Eco Dimona MPX and the registration number for the aircraft is G-GEOS

UNLESS I HAVE THE WRONG AIRCRAFT!

Last edited by Homsap; 14th Oct 2017 at 10:58.