PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airways Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2017, 19:19
Rottweiler22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Airways building in Oxford is very nice. Modern and in a good location. That's about the only good thing I hear about Airways. A lot of unsuspecting people are dragged-in by the nice building, fancy uniforms, and glossy PR. A "fur coat and no knickers" institution, sadly.

They tell customers that courses are "nearly full", so they need to pay-up ASAP to guarantee their place on a course. In reality, courses are operating at about a third of their capacity.

I get the impression that they have a significantly lower selection standard than the Big Three. Probably to claw as many people as possible through the doors. A former Airways TKI said that some of the students were "unteachable".

It's not the first time I've heard someone refer to Airways as a "world leader", and a serious "competitor" for the Big Three, but this is complete fantasy in my opinion. It looks like they're clearly trying to mimic the Big Three with their top-end website, global training campuses, and dabbling in "training and recruitment solutions", but they're certainly nowhere near.