PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2017, 14:05
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Travelled from here this morning (as SLF) but amazed at how unfriendly the entrance is ... the glass doors that face the bus stops/set down/car parks are for emergency exit only. As you approach them there's a white board fence with some adverts for the company doing the work, but it isn't helpful, and looks very amateur.
That entrance is temporary. When I say temporary I mean 2 years temporary.

I live in hope that one of the finished entrances will open for Christmas seeing that the shell of that part of the building was erected at the end of 2016 but with not a hint of a canopy being installed and the front of the terminal just a pile of rubble I think I am going to be disappointed. I am thinking work will be carrying into next summer on the terminal for all those parts of the project that can't be started yet.

I think the airport also scores really badly when it comes to signage. It doesn't take much to create but it is really poor at the moment.

Also heard from a senior figure that the £100 million upgrade that became £110 million is looking more like £150 million due to severe over runs of the project.