PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot shortage
Thread: Pilot shortage
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2017, 23:50
Rated De

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Or what about the number who don't get the opportunity for the sim check because the HR girl (who's never set foot in a cockpit) didn't like their face or their "tell me about a time when" story wasn't embellished enough...
Perhaps forward thinking airlines will try to wrestle control away from a liberal arts degree holding HR 'manager'??

Perhaps also the minimum hours required will be liberalised. I would be looking for these signals of supply shortage.

Great job De-flieger

It's not the easiest to find but it isnt completely hidden away either. In the CASA publications, under annual reports, appendices. The 2011-2012 report, here: https://www.casa.gov.au/sites/g/file.../ar1112_p6.pdfhas a table going back a few years, so heres(sic) a couple.
The question pilots should ask themselves is;

• Are these new licences issued to Australian students?
  • Are the licence privileges being exercised in Australia?
Sorry No idea, missed your post, we are thinking the same thing...

Of those figures, can you determine how many actually stay in oz. I imagine a lot of CPL/ATPL issues would be for overseas students who go back to their sponsor airline. It's a fundamental issue to our current plight. Perhaps the AFAP or similar could make these FOI enquiries to set the record straight.

Labour organisations are not well credentialed when it comes to research, my faith in them is marginal, perhaps a question if asked would get them moving in the right direction.

Last edited by Rated De; 8th Oct 2017 at 23:54. Reason: typo