PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian burning cash!
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2017, 01:14
EIFFS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So far the Gods have by and large been kind to Bjørn and his airline.

Norwegian could very easily address its cost by stopping expansion, they will have added well over 2000 staff to the payroll this year alone.

Itis well known that long haul is now profitable in its own right especially out of LGW where it's short haul operation is struggling with scale against easyJet and access to slots.

For those not familiar with the scale of their operation at LGW the every growing list of LH destinations is impressive and frequency is increasing with LA due to go doubly daily soon building on the success of double daily JFK

So long as they can service the debt, then I don't see any major obstacles that they can't over come, they are currently ramping up the number of pilots in Scandinavia with internal bidding opening today for a 120 positions between Feb & June 2017.

What they must avoid is a re run of this years wet lease, from the recruitment I'm seeing going into the winter I think they will avoid much of this years problems.

2018 will be an interesting year for the industry and it will favour the strong for sure with interest rates on the rise maybe a war in Korea ?