PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2017, 16:50
gilesdavies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great news if this comes to fruition...

The routes and frequencies they want to operate, are quite a surprise. For example Dalaman 4x weekly and Enfida/Hammarmet 2x weekly. Especially as these are likely to be charter flights and airlines like Thomson would only operate these weekly, especially from a secondary base like Luton (when compared to the size of bases like LGW, BHX and MAN).

Also a surprise to see no routes to Spain, except for a token weekly service to Palma.

Even though the PDF says flights to be operated by Thomas Cook and has the MT prefix on their booking system, it appears the routes will be flown by an A320 and they only operate A321 type. So I suspect this will be a leased aircraft, I think this year Thomas Cook have been leasing an A320 from Avion Express of Lithuania, which is based out of Cardiff, so could be a similar arrangement next year.

The Scheduling looks like:
(According to the PDF)

Monday - Dalaman, Palma
Tuesday - Enfida, Antalya
Wednesday - Dalaman, Larnaca
Thursday - Corfu, Dalaman
Friday - Enfida, Antalya
Saturday - Dalaman, Izmir
Sunday - Bodrum

Reason for my caution is last year Thomas Cook announced they were meant to operate 4-5 routes from Luton, and as we got closer to the summer season these disappeared and only Corfu happened in the end. Also I cannot see the Antalya, Bodrum or Izmir flights on sale.