PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch 4
Thread: Monarch 4
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2017, 15:18
Homsap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't understand the logic of sending six aircraft from to the UK surely they need to fly direct the destinations where pax need to leave, for example Tel Aviv to Luton? Can someone explain this?

Sencondly, based on the facts, I wonder if the CAA and ATOL have as previously mentioned on here, has anyone at the CAA or ATOL costed this out so they could operate for another two weeks. I apperciate there would need to be a guarantee of fuel charges, navigation charges, staff costs, bad debts, etc. being paid for the next two weeks. To add I would have thought crew would be prepared to fly for another two weeks, if they were paid in full up to that date.

It is rather a pity that the customers who booked with Monarch who paid for a quality experience, suffer as a result of low cost airlines, perhaps there should be a similar ATOL levey on flights that cost less than £25 (4%) and £50 (4%) that would have allowed Monarch's crews to recover their PAX. Personally I would put a levey on non business flight for example Luton to Faro for the day, it not very enviromental in terms of fuel use. Meanwhile the EU bans 1500w vacumn cleaners on the grounds of energy use and noise.

Finally I am not a lawyer, but is it correct in mpounding aircraft, my impression is that under English Law, that High Court baliffs can take control over goods, which could include a car which you could still use. I see no reason why Monarch pilot's could contune to fly, although perhaps an aircraft an aircraft is in danger of getting seized, lets say if if landed at SKG and had not paid fuel and landing fees and as previously mentioned this might be an insurance issue. Of course if the airframe and or engines are leased it is a different situation, I think.

Last edited by Homsap; 2nd Oct 2017 at 15:34.