PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collective Colour Vision Thread 4
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2017, 06:42
Mike190

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello everyone! This is my first post here. I also have a problem with color blindness. Few years ago I tried to do class 1 medical certificate. I wanted to do ATPL licence, but I didn't read some Ishihara plates. I've already done a lot of tests in the internet (however I know it's not accurate), and most of the tests give me the result, that I have slight-strong deuteratopia (depends on the test) On the other hand, I see the difference between nav lights, PAPI lights, and different caution lights in the cockpit.

Finally, I would like to try to do 1 class medical certificate one more time, especially after reading PART-MED with GM and AMC:

(c) Those failing the Ishihara test should be examined either by:

(1) anomaloscopy (Nagel or equivalent). This test is considered passed if the colour match is
trichromatic and the matching range is 4 scale units or less, or if the anomalous quotient is
acceptable; or by

(2) lantern testing with a Spectrolux, Beynes or Holmes-Wright lantern. This test is considered passed
if the applicant passes without error a test with accepted lanterns.; or by

(3) Colour Assessment and Diagnosis (CAD) test. This test is considered passed if the threshold is less
than 6 standard normal (SN) units for deutan deficiency, or less than 12 SN units for protan
deficiency. A threshold greater than 2 SN units for tritan deficiency indicates an acquired cause
which should be investigated.
Does anyone know, where, in Poland, I can do the above tests? I would like to do these tests to know more about my color blindness, and to finally be sure that I can/ cannot be a commercial pilot. Anomaloscope isn't a big problem to find, but if anyone know where to do the rest of the tests, in Poland or EU, please write.