PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Language proficiency
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2017, 14:32
LookingForAJob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure exactly what you are looking for here, but the assessment has to be done in a manner that is approved by the competent authority (ATCO.B.040). I'm not sure if it says so specifically but presumably the competent authority you need to look at is the one which issued your licence. The guidance that goes with the law does not give an absolute or clear requirement so it is hard to say how it is done unless one has been through it (I haven't).

The guidance says that the assessment must evaluate the ability to communicate effectively using visual and non-visual means in both routine and non-routine situations and must include listening, speaking and interaction skills. An assessment for renewal of a licence endorsement can be done during training or whilst doing the job.

In the end, whether you like it or not, you will need to use an agency that has been approved by your competent authority and I suspect the standards of organisations approved in different countries around Europe will vary hugely.

HTH