PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RPAS Gongs
Thread: RPAS Gongs
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2017, 21:38
NutLoose

Received 2,737 Likes on 1,166 Posts
Which is what I suggested before I lost the will to live, but instead of a rosette a simple RPA badge added to the ribbon and a possibly RPA Syria bar on the medal, to delineate between the in and out of theatre operations, though it does a disservice to the rest of the RAF that put them there.

The fact one has not been issued does infer that I am not the only one that disagrees with it, senior politicians, the MOD and senior Officers appear to agree.............

but hey ho if someone wants to wear a bit of tin to feel better about themselves and put themselves on a level pegging with some poor squaddie who has had to scrape his mate of himself after an IED explosion and has only that medal to show for it.... then so be it.
It's one reason I do not wear my GSM, because Aldergrove was squat compared to what the Army suffered and had to deal with, and even though I was in the country I would be embarrassed to wear it.. Obviously I am alone in that, so GIjoe and Co, I hope you get your little bit of bling, but remember a lot of people in theatres the world over have suffered physically to earn theirs..

Last edited by NutLoose; 23rd Sep 2017 at 01:51.