PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Cancelling flights!
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2017, 14:05
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm retired (thankfully) but when I hear MOL spouting untruths such as pilots only doing 18 hours a week it makes me have to work on my anger management.

Sadly there always seem to be the wrong journalists in the wrong place at the wrong time. I watched a press conference in Sweden; I watched BBC Hardtalk: I watched a presentation in Brussels by todays modern revolutionary CEO's. Some tried to tie MOL down and they were so badly informed or briefed, or just lacking in knowledge of the subject they were listening to, their banal questions had the sting of a marshmallow. Even Hardtack focused on trying to embarrass MOL with some trivial pax encounters. It was a one-sided rout. It seems they are not there to ask searching questions, but just report what is spouted out. A few pilots asking the questions would have been more to the point. The TV program, with anonymous pilots, that attempted to portray RYR as a fundamentally unsafe airline due to fuel policy was doomed to failure.
There are enough subjects on which to focus to bring out the underlying truth without trying to be sensational. I wonder if IALPA has woken up to what is going on and they are wondering why it has taken natural forces to achieve what it could not, even with all its supposed expertise.