PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Cancelling flights!
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2017, 10:22
Piltdown Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The basic RYR deal to employees and contractors is the same as their offer to passengers. But for any reason you don't fulfil your part you get nothing or RYR decide for any reason they don't like you, you also you get nothing. There is no certainty but things generally work out. But that's the deal, take it or leave it. It will suit many people and if it suits you, that's fine.

But any agreement offered by RYR has no heart or compassion in it. There are no favours requested and none offered. So quite why any pilot, contractor or supplier should do RYR any favours beats me. MOL has moaned and complained about greedy pilots for years and reduced had everything his own way. He now needs to call in a few favours but has none owing. This is demonstrated by its constant press briefings. This morning the BBC told us that pilot unions were holding out for better terms and conditions which is very few have taken up RYR's "generous bonus package". I never realised RYR were unionised. I also wonder how many pilots have enough hours left to actually work, even if they wanted to. Again, another bit of negative spin against "greedy pilots".

This is a company with no goodwill in fact it has the complete opposite; I'm sure there are many people who would love to stick the boot in and it falls, give it a good kicking as well. Remember, kick RYR as hard as they will kick you.