PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast International-2
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2017, 06:46
madgav

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by owenc
Dublin is a Transatlantic hub, so it will have a better choice of destinations
And LHR, AMS, LGW have many many more again.

the hassle of going back on yourself.
Less hassle and much safer than a long drive when you're half asleep.
However it does highlight that we need a westbound route from BFS that provides connections. Perhaps that is what will eventually be provided by Norwegian (or another airline)? Hence problem solved
Also, what about eastbound connections? No going back on yourself there.

Business Class
I never get business class when travelling for..... business! And I certainly wouldn't pay for it out of my own pocket. If we're talking about what most people prefer, I think a comparison of economy fares would be more appropriate. For which I have never found the best fare to be a direct flight from Dublin. I was in NYC in August - flights were booked in January. Every option was £2200-2500 for four pax, and EI from DUB was at the upper end of that range. By tweaking dates I was able to book with BA via LHR for less than £1600. Good choice too - we got upgraded on the outbound LHR-JFK
(And yes, I know, if I'd waited a month I could have booked for less with Norwegian direct from BFS

a plethora of flights from premium airlines
Yes, and we hope that at least some of those airlines may eventually also serve Belfast. Less likely to happen if they think we're all happy to travel to Dublin (no disrespect to Dublin, they deserve to be firmly congratulated for their success over the last few years).

Last edited by madgav; 21st Sep 2017 at 07:16.