PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another example of ATSB superflous report writing
Old 19th Sep 2017, 08:08
jonkster

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts
ummm... to be fair there was a bit more in the report than what you quoted and some of the comments you are critical of appear to be addressing concerns expressed by pax about not being notified earlier in the incident about the situation.

Maybe the grammar is a little clunky but I am not getting why the angst about this report? Seemed reasonable. Better and more informative and helpful than what a newspaper would report it as (something like "Passengers kept in the dark by panicked pilots during mid air nightmare... exclusive!")

The crew managed the situation professionally, procedures were followed and choices made, some pax were critical of not being informed earlier, the report discusses why.

The aircraft returned safely, bearings failed in the engine possibly due to lack of lubrication however reason is yet to be determined.

They commend the crew for their actions and sticking to SOPs, I can't see a problem but I guess I may be missing something.