PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dxb-Dme info
Thread: Dxb-Dme info
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2017, 12:23
Sciolistes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Praise Jebus
I had a relatively minor I incident that I believed warranted an ASR for the learning points involved. Flight Safety weren't that interested but my Fleet response was unexpected. I had narrowly avoided punishment apparently and was advised in colourful and expressive language not to be noticed again. I blew it off but on the very next flight the FO hand flew the departure and allowed speed to approach 260 below 5000. I intervened, and he corrected, however I was then preoccupied with wondering what bells just rang in an office somewhere. Sounds ridiculous and that is what I had said in the past to other "paranoid" colleagues. Thats what happens, my ability to function for the next 5 minutes was impared by what others have described as fear. I was surprised to be so easily effected in this way and particularly by a benign event as 260kts....at that point I fully understood the "fear factor".
That awful culture of fear you describe is simply is not the case at the small sister airline across the runway. The safety department there, are ever reasonable and supportive. Perhaps your lot should take notes. Perhaps, the deeper concern is the uptake of safety recommendations across the wider operation.