PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Cancelling flights!
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2017, 07:28
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How does the IAA view this situation? RYR are knowingly selling tickets for 100% of their flights while at the same time saying 40-80 i.e. about 2% per day will be cancelled eventually; and that those affected pax overseas will be stranded for an indefinite period. This is not the same as over selling a flight and then being bumped. It is selling a product you can not guarantee to provide.
If a charter flight, which was an out/back with same pax, is cancelled for whatever reason, the host airline would have a rescue a/c en-route ASAP. The same is happening into the Caribbean to rescue pax stranded from schedule flights. Here we have a situation where the pax will be stranded directly as a result of the host airline's fault & last minute decision.
Surely the IAA have some influence on the financial & social operating behaviour of a local airline?

Can someone answer, with authority, what 'full refund' means? Is it the ticket price or the total amount you paid? The latter can be nearly double the former. There is a question about compensation payments. Considering those whose work schedule & income will be affected by being stranded overseas the figures could be significant. Even where children miss out school and parents are fined. The variety of people & their lives & responsibilities that could be affected is huge. How many will not take the risk of booking a return flight within the next 6 weeks?