PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An-2 crashed at airshow "70 years of An-2" at Chernoe (MARZ)
Old 12th Sep 2017, 13:39
Concours77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FB,

I think the Ruddering issue is not too germane; the impact was more or less concurrent with what I saw as rudder deflection. It suggests a late attempt to stop deviation from flight path, which I assume aligns with the runway, or was intended to.

The separated smoke trail and "veering left" suggests to me a slipping (or sinking) aircraft, which is not at all desired....

Aircraft heading looks quite left of (desired) heading to me also. The debris trail, seemingly more aligned with the runway, tells us the actual flight path at impact, and also suggests an uncoordinated condition....(nose left of heading).

One last thing is the arc (veer) of the last portion of the flight. It suggests to me an aircraft losing lift, not in control. Even had it been corrected with Rudder, it would have entered an even more aggressive slip. Recovery was not possible well before impact, IMO.

(Because of the extreme roll, "slip" and "skid" must be considered with a grain of salt....)