PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2017, 07:09
phlegm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 13Beast
Freshly updated as per the ADF recruitment website....

Detailed evaluation

A detailed evaluation of your suitability to become an Air Force Pilot requires a primary and a secondary selection process. The primary selection process is conducted by Defence Force Recruiting at your local DFRC and includes interviews and an initial Officer Aviation (OA) aptitude test. Those candidates assessed as suitable will progress to the secondary assessment stage, which includes a two day Aviation Screening Program (ASP). Depending on your ASP results you may be invited to attend an Officer Selection Board (OSB). The OSB will be scheduled for some time after ASP.

The ASP will be managed by the Aviation Candidate Management Centre (ACMC) and will take place at RAAF Base East Sale, VIC.

The ASP is designed to evaluate OA applicants in order to determine their suitability to undergo aviation training. The first day of the ASP is all about learning more about the different aviation roles. Because the ASP is held at RAAF Base East Sale, where you will do your initial aviation training, it is perfect location to find out what it would be like studying at the Air Academy. On the second day you you will undergo cognitive assessment using a Computer Based Aptitude Testing System to determine you potential for Aviation Training.

At some time after ASP, selected candidates will be invited to attend an Officer Aviation Selection Board, which involves a series of group activities, problem-solving exercises and verbal presentation exercises plus a formal interview. This gives applicants an excellent opportunity to display their true potential to be an Officer. The OSB is made up of an RAAF officer plus a Psychologist.

For detailed information on Officer Aviation please contact [email protected]
Which page did you find this on? I just checked the pilot job pages for the roles I'm interested in and they only mention the older FSP program. I also attended a recruitment session about a month ago and they made no mention of this newer process either. Not doubting you, just seeking clarification.