PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch - 3
Thread: Monarch - 3
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2017, 20:42
Cazza_fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1994Heavy
I think they have to change something they can't just keep on competing with ryanair and easyjet. What do people think they should do?
Well they do have to compete with them too as this is the industry they're all in, but i get what you're saying...

I have however mentioned many things in my post above. It's not so much in what they need to do so differently. They are, contrary to the doom and gloom from some on here, actually doing quite well. Monarch have already got a good thing going and they're on the right path again since the streamlining a couple years back or so. I agree of course they could be doing even better though.

They need to play more on their strengths and not be afraid in showing them off to their full potential. Monarch Holidays, Vantage Club, a respectful route network, 50 years of experience, Monarch Engineering to name but just a few of the things they as a company have to be proud of and should be using more to their benefit.

I feel once the 737 Max-8's arrive, we'll see Monarch head to new places in more ways than one. Again, as I mentioned a few posts back, they should focusing on niche routes from their current bases whilst still of course keeping a foothold in their bread and butter sunshine routes. However, with their current mix of aircraft i feel it will have been hard to venture into these types of routes - mainly because of aircraft size, but also complexity in schedulling where a A320 / A321 will need to end up flying to before / afterwards.