PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2017, 08:24
Chris Martyr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LAA-AGM 2016 was actually very enjoyable from the grass-roots aviation point of view. Listening to the wonderful talk by Arthur Ord-Hume was a privlilege indeed and Rusty , the old Lancaster boy did a superb turn with his understated and self deprecating sense of humour and the way he made light of the awful times that he went through.
Even Brian Davies' bit on LAA's governance/balance books was interesting , as I knew that membership figures had dipped slightly , but was unaware that the aircraft ownership figures amongst the membership were considerably higher, which meant increased revenue. Plus some great aeroplanes turned up too.
There was only one thing that cast a shadow over that day , but as George Formby said,,"turned out nice again di'nt it".

As for Jay's comment about making it into a movie,,,,,,,,I'm still chuckling over that one. I reckon Barry should be played by George Clooney and I should be played by Brad Pitt. [ although, Pitt the Elder would be more apt]
Ewald should be played by Tom Cruise . It would need to be a short guy so we can't see his head in that front cockpit.
As for the "star",,,,,,,,,,,,,I can't think of a better actress than; TC-T as Herself....
Right , I'm off to Deanland,,,,[at least , when I've stopped giggling that is]