PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 6
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2017, 15:56

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jensdad
As I mentioned previously, the 900,000 passengers a year who were flying from the airport a few years ago are still there.
So are the passengers that used to fly from Blackpool, Cambridge, Coventry, Galway, Gloucester, Manston, Oxford, Plymouth, Sheffield, (Shoreham, if it counts), Sligo, Swansea & Waterford. Dundee and Prestwick would be on this list too were it not for government intervention.

It has become harder to operate an airport (it's more expensive and airlines will pay less for it); and the effects of this are being seen all over the country. And we don't know how bad Brexit will be, but we do know that whatever else it's not going to help. I would say there's at least one vacancy on that list for an airport from the British Isles with a name beginning with D.

A controversial thread that I think sees more posts in the thread than commercial movements at the airport might not be the place to go and do this... but has anyone wondered if it would be better if they called the airport where it is, rather than a place you can't really get to from it that's at least as easy to get to from a bigger and better known airport? I feel their market is more realistically Middlesbrough and Teeside than Durham...