PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways 2017 MPL
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2017, 14:07
gbotley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Speedbird148

That's another point entirely, but yes. Airlines supposedly impose "financial penalties" on companies that fail to deliver MPL cadets on time. In that sense it can sometimes feel as though MPL cadets take priority. With this said, the capacity thing is by no means related to solely L3. Something many fail to realise is L3's Hamilton base trains cadets for airlines in the Asia/Pacific market too and things are pretty busy here as a result. I'd rather a school be busy though than struggling financially.

In my time here three additional 172s have joined the fleet to accommodate for flights / courses which do not require EFIS equipped aircraft. From what I've heard there are plans in the works for expansion to the ground school facilities as well as construction of additional accommodation at Clearways to house these newer courses. In addition - i'm not 100% on this one as it was a rumour - there's the potential for L3 simulators to be installed here for IndiGo type ratings thus removing the need for said trainees to make use of L3's UK facilities. From all of this it's clear lots of changes are to come although it's likely I'll be out the other end before they come into play.

Just with any takeover and subsequent growth there are changes to be expected. I just hope it doesn't impact the overall product longer term. There's then the subsequent integration of AeroSim into the wider business. Who knows how that'll fair. With all of this said, would I change my choice of school? - Certainly not. I simply can't fault the quality of the instructors here!