PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 6
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2017, 14:09
EGPO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A reversal of the decision to stop bucket and spade routes.
Eat humble pie and do as Carlisle is going to be doing ( this from the horses mouth) - we are probably giving easy jet free landing slots the same deal as how we got them into Southend which started as we will ).
Off topic but their main runway is being closed shortly for total resurfacing and approach and landing aids.
Lighting etc.
The terminal is hemmed in and will be having 7 large jet capacity stands . This being attached to the logistics hub.
They are confident Ryanair will come . Bravado maybe but coming from where the information came from it's fair to say there may be truth in it. But a point here is Carlisle is surprisingly very busy a lot of mixed traffic this has delayed the runway works. But that airport has a museum and a huge distribution centre plus plans for some other complex close to the site.
More telling was the comment that the terminal is quite close the the runway or will be.
The old terminal is closer to the museum . But I did get a few photos.
As stated DSA has housing surrounding it.
And much more coming .
why worry about one carpark being the deatjknell.
As I say if they allow more routes and beg Thomson back minus fees . Those homes will be full of people who won't have to endure the northern parts of the N1 to get to Newcastle.
So I can see how it will be a benefit .
And future expansion .
The airport as I read is operating at 1972 levels.
I would not worry about making it bigger for eons!.