PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus-7
Thread: Aer Lingus-7
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2017, 16:15
alserire

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
That much I kind of had figured but thanks for confirming. It's the second part that intrigues me.

I'm able to afford business class to the US once a year so my idea in this instance was to book economy on the way out and business on the way back and then claim an upgrade on the way out. But they just don't seem to want to say when exactly they will award the upgrade. I know they do the bidding thing for business class seats and probably want to make as much as they can from every seat. I suppose I'm just trying to get value for money and my tier status. I'm likely to head Stateside only once next year so I really want to make the upgrade count. If the upgrade is at check in or boarding that means looking at certain days, times and destinations to see which Y classes are more likely to have spare seats. But I just can't get an answer from them as to when exactly they grant you the upgrade. First world problem but somewhat annoying!

Flying in Europe again with them soon. Maybe the check in staff at the airport might be able to help.