PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2 person Fightdeck rule
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2017, 23:42
Flyboy_SG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A320ECAM

Originally Posted by A320ECAM
I don't know the details of what happened but the only way of putting this issue to bed once and for all is that the flight deck is given it's very own lav which is separate and isolated from the cabin. Until then, two persons must always be in the flight deck because the pilot may commit suicide. There have been many pilot suicides in recent years, especially MH370 and Germanwings. But even before that there have been many cases! So the only solution... have another body in the flight deck when one of the pilots leaves. That person has to sit in the observer seat (or stand if no observer seat is installed).

Get your facts straight buddy. Looks like you have a little or no experience in aviation.

MH370 is still a mystery, Pilot suicide is one of the many theories of what could have happened. No assumptions in aviation, because assumption are the mother
Of all the f$&@ups. A CC in German wings could have never saved the plane, if she/he was 320 rated. You would have read about AF447 incident.

Primarily two person cockpit rule was made for pilot incapacitation, not suicide.
I had this rule in all the airlines I had worked/working for.

And it's lose not loose. Do you know the difference ??