Thread: Cork-6
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2017, 20:36
brian_dromey

Good to see the SWISS service upguaged sue to heavy loads. I don't think its the first time this season and I think the CS300 has been in as well. A great sign that its already on sale for next year with a longer season, so a frequency upgrade is not beyond the bounds of possibility.

Good to see D8 increasing for the summer. Slightly disappointing they are staying at 3 per week, I think ORK is the only one of the 737 flights not to see an increase in frequency. Im a bit suspicious of D8's intentions for an NYC service, its not like the marginal runway performance of the aircraft from Cork was unknown to them when they were trying to get their Irish operation off the ground, with promises of NYC and BOS from Cork.

As for WOW, all we can do is keep our fingers crossed. I think 2x weekly could work well, hopefully there will be room in the WW schedule for it, particularly if D8 show no signs of operating a direct New York service. Wow is particularly useful for the US West Coast, Florida and Canada. Fingers crossed.