PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Asiana 214 777 crash and an old post.
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2017, 12:23
agg_karan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Houba
Thanks Karan,
But the reason I ve reopened that post is because I felt that some posts where very aggressive against me. "Are you stupid?", "Only an idiot will do that", "I hope your are not carrying passengers...".
Real thing is that simulator test pilots like me have to try everything on the simulator, even stuff that looks stupid, reason being is that students in the sim will make mistakes and I have to make sure that the simulator reacts the same way as the real thing because we cannot afford to have "negative training" in the sim due to a improper simulation. Why would I press 2 times on FLCH??? Sorry folks, it is my job to try those things, checks all the timings, features and everything. Am I a sim tech that was not been able to be a pilot (and many sim techs knows more that actual pilots about the plane by the way and most of them have performed more ILS that you had) ? Absolutely not, I was an airline, Oceanic rating, operation in remote areas and very special airports like LSGS (with MD83!). Besides that I was software developer in avionics (FMS, GPS, Laser IRS, Aircraft display, radar) and instead of devoting my energy in flying A to B I ve devoted my life in building and certifying 777 simulators around the world to make flights safer. In the case of that feature I ve looked at many things like design document from Boeing, AIMS, autotothrust software code from the manufacturer (...) to confirm if it was a bug in implementation or whatever. Putting your signature on the tests documents besides FAA signature is not like signing a check. Bottom line, I would have expected a different reaction from some people and more respect for my work and my findings.
Absolutely agree any question Should have a constructive answer/opinion, not a demeaning one.

Thanx for sharing