View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2017, 17:07
Fonsini

I did a stint working for HM Customs in Wrexham many years ago, among other things I spent countless hours driving around North Wales looking for illicit drug airfields - lots of fun. Anyway, we had a chap join us from one of the Merseyside offices and one day he told me that he was taking a long lunch break to visit his Aunt who was in Wrexham Maelor hospital on her last legs with terminal cancer. When he returned he was as white as a sheet and clearly in a state of shock so we asked what had happened. When he arrived in his Aunt's room the rest of her immediate family were already there, and their mother was under heavy sedation and had been for some time. Her children asked if she could be "brought round" long enough for them to speak with her one last time to say goodbye, and the doctors agreed. My colleague said that within 10 seconds of the needle being introduced to her drip her eyes snapped open and she began to scream - and she didn't stop. He said they all stood there helpless as the nurses ran around trying to get an injection to get her back under - it took a full 5 minutes, and her family just stood there the entire time as their mother let out the most horrible screams of agony. Finally they got her back under and she passed later that night. I know of many equally horrific exits, in younger people too. Personally this all left me with a strong desire to enjoy life from an early age, and an equally strong desire to leave it on my own terms when I decide the time is right, I have no intention of letting some spotty 25 year old junior houseman decide how and when I shuffle off this mortal coil, especially not with the way that the NHS rations its opioids (working on the basis that I will likely be back in the UK).

It is not difficult to procure the best means of exit if you are prepared to incur some small personal risk. As I stated previously, 10 grams of Seconal (emptied from 100 caplets) and mixed in a glass of warm water will have you peacefully dreaming in 5 minutes and gone in 15 - it also happens to be the Oregon Assisted Suicide Protocol, so this is an official standard. If you happen to be extremely obese (> 300lbs) there is a small risk of a coma lasting up to 48 hours due to body absorption. If that is a concern just up the dose, but to be honest 10 grams will see off a horse even though the Dutch protocol stipulates 15 grams. Apart from it being such a peaceful and pain free exit, Seconal has no emetic qualities, so a separate anti-emetic drug is not required. In short it's perfect, you just need the means of acquisition and personally I do, both here in the US and also in the UK.

This is not being morbid, this is just a case of being practical and also being prepared.