PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virtual Aviation & Titan Airways Cadet Scheme.
Old 21st Aug 2017, 21:24
portsharbourflyer
Educated Hillbilly

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just wish EASA would follow the FAA trend and introduce an hours requirement; I will agree there may not be that much relevance of a lot of day VFR hour building to Airline operations but from what I can see in the US the hours requirement has certainly improved terms and conditions for those that do achieve the required hours. Due to the 1500 hour rule some Airlines in the US are now paying $5000 dollar joining fees to new FOs, it isn't the FOs paying the best part of 5k plus for a JOC course.

An hours requirement would put CTC, FTE and Oxford out of business over night. It would also deter those that are only interesting in becoming Airline pilots as opposed to those which have a true interest for flying.

As for the Titan Scheme, it is good in that it is open to Modular students; if you are modular then the additional price of the MCC/JOC still means you are spending considerably less than the integrated candidates.

But at the end of the day I suspect VA are making a reasonable profit on those MCC/JOC courses.