PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - INDIA OCI HELP
Thread: INDIA OCI HELP
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2017, 11:21
Mbhon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Safety_
Hello Guys,

I am an FO based in Europe. I currently fly the A320 family a/c. I am Indian born but European citizen, however I have an OCI.

I wish to come to India to work there (family reasons I am left with no choice atm). I have approx over 500 hours on type and also 400 hours on previous jet a/c but still frozen ATPL. As I need 1500 tt.

I see for example Indigo is advertising FO for as little as 200 hours. Can I with 500 hours on type get an Indian DGCA licence. What is the process? Or do I have to wait until getting an ATPL? I do make regular calls but I hear nothing. Anyone who's done this journey or knows about it I would hugely appreciate it.

Thank you,
Safety_

@Safety: You can apply for the DGCA CPL on the bases of your current CPL but it will better if you get your ATPL and then convert (which is the process I am in). Because the frozen ATPL will not be converted in India.

Its a process, so be prepared mentally as well. And be sure that the aircrafts that you have on your licence are available in India (apart from the A320, e.g like the C172 PA34) incase you need to do a few hours at a flying school in India.

You can apply to Indigo with your hours on the 320 but after you get you licence converted.