PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loganair
Thread: Loganair
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2017, 14:44
SealinkBF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TelsBoy
In the past 24 hours I have read a Loganair propaganda leaflet poking fun at Eastern's fleet among other things, along with an article in the Stornoway Gazette with a High Heid Yin from Flybe offering islanders the chance to come and "Hear the facts" about the air services. Is it just me, or is anyone else finding this willy-waving between Loganair and Flybe/Eastern rather tedious, incredibly unprofessional and downright childish?

From my point of view it appears Flybe/Eastern are attempting to shaft Loganair, something which for either party (but especially BE/T3) can only end in rather expensive and painful tears. The main people losing out, however, will be the island communities, again at the mercy of this rather farcical storm.
Loganair have been more dignified, imo.
They are simply pointing out that Eastern's planes aren't great - having flown on them would be doing the same if I was Loganair.

Loganair should definitely be shouting about luggage allowances, no credit card fees and inflight service.

Loganair are also operating

MANCHESTER - SUMBURGH which I think is new. There's a touchdown in Glasgow en route but again, a much better proposition that BET3.

The H&I have been through all this before when Loganair and British Airways both operated there. I can't recall how many routes overlapped.