PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - tailwind landing
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2017, 15:00
KayPam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FlightDetent
KayPam: what a nice little bully you are. Those nubmers were posted already. Would you like to share how many 13 kt tailwind landings onto runways with LDA below 2200 m at 74 tonnes you have made in the last monsoon season?

You come across as a knowledgeable person but lately made several claims about FCOM that are not there. And seem to have missed my omisson of GSmini altogether. Maybe you can at least verify your credibility by agreening on this: it is correct to have RA callout 50' over the numbers. Hm?
I may be confusing FCOM and FCTM together, my bad.
Tomorrow and the day after tomorrow are bank holidays but maybe wednesday when I'll have access to a proper FCOM or FCTM I'll be able to quote the exact sentences.
If your companies allow you to access this documentation without being on the job.. then just look at the FCTM SOPs : landing/flare part.
It will state the normal flare height, state that tailwind conditions, ascending runway or steeper approach path require an earlier flare, etc.. There's like a whole page of it.

13kt tailwind on a wet/contaminated runway at a high mass with only 2200m of LDA seems like a bad idea. I don't have anything to run the numbers but it looks like a bad idea

tech log : as I explained earlier, I am an aviation professional, only not a pilot. Since my job is in close relationship to flying, I'm eager to learn from airline pilots' experience. And maybe I'll even correct things at my job or suggest new things if it's concluded we've been writing incorrect things.

When I said that the FCOM (or rather FCTM) states "any late flare will increase the likelihood of a hard landing" it was only to clarify things with someone here who said he was able to flare at a very low height while achieving perfectly smooth touchdowns.
Since this is in disagreement with airbus doc, either one sentence is wrong or the two sentences don't talk about exactly the same thing, so definitely something to clarify.
I'm not saying my sentence is right, I'm asking for a clarification.

There are very few airbus pilots at airbus.. Most of the guys working airbus flight ops only have a PPL or no license at all, and these are the guys writing the FCTM/FCOM.