PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines (info please)
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2017, 23:56
EagleA25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agree to disagree...

Originally Posted by ia1166
I only have 3 4 sector days this month, 3 overnight stays, 2 in dad and 1 in cxr. No night flights, 60 hours flying.

Are you keeping a record of your duty time? 4 sector days really ramp it up,and you will exceed the 4 week limit, not the 7 day one.

In response to your 350 reasoning, I save almost all my salary and dont need to be buying 10 euro coffee in paris, sitting around on my own all day, or in some bar talking to pilots, same for Narita thanks. Seen it once, dont need to see it again, and i certainly dont want to sit in the front of an airplane for 5 excruitiating hours in the dark, or worse 12 hours. I actually like take off and landing as its interesting. And i get to chat to people on the ground a bit, and make a cup of tea.

Also lots of free time in the gym of my choice, not some hotel gym. Lovely.

You will need to get assesed and signed off by a UK ATO for your 350 rating. Good luck as not many operators in the uk. You will have to pay a premium for a mainline tre i suspect for check also. Which will need to be a UK ATO approved checker. Thats from my mate in the bee hive. Do your own research.

And why would you keep your A 320 type rating on your home licence while flying the 350 on your VN one. Puts you right up,the creek should you suddenly become unemployed. You need currency.

My mates quote good luck, not many 350 operators here.

Which is my point i guess.
Mate; I hate to disagree, but I understand that the 330 and 350 are essentially now the same license with EASA:

https://www.easa.europa.eu/system/files/dfu/20140917%20A350%20Letter%20of%20Acceptance.pdf

So, I have a feeling that once you are able to get the A350 TR on your license a whole world of operators flying the A330 and in the future A330Neo's open up; and yes, in most companies, bigger means better (pay, time off, destinations, treatment)... but as you said, its everyone's personal choice... which opens up another can of worms: how will Brexit affect EASA

10 Euro Coffee? With a view of the Eifel Tower, right? 😆 I might get myself into tge smuggling business as the cabin crew is; geez!
I used to love T/O's and landings, too, and especially hand-flying! What I liked even more is tutoring amd teaching young and aspiring First Officers. But, since here the levels of aeronautical incompetence have to be protected and good stick and rudder skills are just considered "show-off-skills", A321 Fleet SOP now states that the autopilot is to remain connected until landing configuration is set! Yeah, with the auto-trim operating, those configuration changes seem to be extremely hazardous!
So, yeah, I actually prefer not to anymore, I compensate my need for this kind of adrenalin rush on my vacation time flying Extra 300's at home!

But there is a good point you are making: here in VNA they use that bird to fly only to Da Nang, Hanoi, Tokio and Paris, thats all, or am I missing anything? 🙄

Last edited by EagleA25; 11th Aug 2017 at 00:12. Reason: More stuff...