PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is finding a job easier in Canada now than it was 10-15 years ago?
Old 9th Aug 2017, 15:56
paradoxbox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys. I hope this thread can become a productive discussion about Canadian av employment.

Wickedwings, without a valid visa you're gonna be on hard times. I would strongly recommend gaming the system - Canada has a few laws that will enable you to get a job but you'll need to know somebody beforehand. Find someone who has a company that requires a specific skillset. IIRC the requirement is that the company has to advertise the job to Canadians first and then if the job can't be filled by Canadians, they are allowed to hire from overseas. If you can find a small business owner willing to do this for you, you're golden.

Thanks for the info Peak Tram Driver. I don't think I have much of a chance with them, my time is too low. Been flying since 10 years old but total loggable time is just not enough so I need to get my hours up to 2k+. Do you think speaking fluent English and Japanese is at all useful? I don't think converting my quals to the local JP equivalent would be a problem. I have something resembling a spouse visa in Japan (no restrictions on work).