PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airventure Australia bans AvPlan from attending? Really?
Old 8th Aug 2017, 14:20
Ixixly

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
MilFlyer, you've mentioned Trade Shows, this isn't a Trade Show though, is it? Trade Shows NEED to have as many companies as they can, that's what attracts people is the ability to shop around.

This is an Event, an Aviation Event where they bring together different parts of the Industry in the best way they can. This required them to have the money to get it up and running which from what has been said it sounds like they were struggling to raise. It's just like an AFL Match, Four & Twenty are Major Sponsors, so guess which Pies you find there? Coca Cola are a Major Sponsor, guess which Drinks you'll be finding there? (FYI, have't been to a match in a while, no idea if they're even the current sponsors but you get the point!)

OzRunways offered to be a Sponsor back in March and what they've said is that AvPlan decided NOT to be a Sponsor, likely they wanted to just be an Exhibitor. Air Venture found themselves coming up short and put out word that they didn't have enough Sponsors and needed Sponsors or a Major Sponsor, not just people wanting Stall Spaces.

OzRunways stepped in to help secure the event going ahead as they felt this was something they wanted to do and this was based on terms offered by Air Venture. Should they have turned around and said "We're very sorry, we don't think these terms are fair to our competitors so we'd rather not and potentially have the event not go ahead..."? Who would that benefit then?

Even if they had asked for Exclusive Rights as opposed to being offered them, who cares?! They stumped up the cash, as Lead Balloon said, Money Talks.

And I agree Lead Balloon, it's not the end of GA, but for whatever reason OzRunways have decided to give it a crack and dish out the cash, I don't think they deserve this smear campaign from AvPlan making it sound like they've done something sneaky or underhanded. From what I've seen around, the way they've been putting it to people is like OzRunways Team deliberately did this just to spite them and that would cost them money for the wrong reasons.

And why would the RAAF Roulettes pull out of an Event because it's Major Sponsor has exclusivity over one small portion? Especially when the ADF uses OzRunways?! Also I wouldn't describe it as a PR Stuff Up at all, infact I'd say only a small number of potential attendees would even be aware of it and of those aware it probably wouldn't sway the majority of them. Hasn't made News Headlines at all and barely made a 2 page thread on here, even on Facebook only a tiny number of responses.