PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2017, 18:56
Slezy9

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Logicalexplanation
Hello All!

Like many of you I've ventured down the path of joining the ADF with aspirations of becoming a Pilot.
I've spent a considerable amount of time going through the wealth of information on this thread and am grateful to everyone who has contributed over the years.

I've recently completed my additional pilot testing having passed with eligibility for all the roles I had preferenced and had a Assessment session scheduled for a end of August. I've since had my session cancelled due to receiving a Med Class 4 after completing my Part B Medical Questionnaire.

I've been rendered ineligible due to a head injury I suffered while snowboarding in August 2016. I had a fall, suffered a concussion and had a tonic clonic seizure. I was medically cleared by my local hospital two days later after various scans (CT etc) and applicable checks and monitoring. I have no ongoing management for anything from the injury and this is the only seizure I have ever had in my life.

I note the ADF medical guidelines state you must be seizure free for at least 2 years. However, I was hoping for guidance for the following:
- Is it worth obtaining medical reports and attempting to appeal the decision?
- Is the decision likely to be overturned at all?
- Has anyone experienced anything similar and what was the outcome?

Thank you!
In future, lie, lie, lie...

Look at the possible outcomes.

You get in, they find out, and they kick you out.

Or you tell the truth and you don't get in...

Either way you end up at the same place.

When I joined asthma was a big no no, yet there was more than once I heard a mysterious puffer like sound when "camping" during OTS. They all went on to pass and become FJ pilots.