PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 4th Aug 2017, 21:21
B737C525

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I disagree with MetalGear: it doesn't seem fair to me...

Elena:

First, as a general principle, it's personal information about you, that the authority holds; you should be able to access it. What you do with it once it's in your hands is another matter.

Second, the recruitment agency, not the authority, has been engaged to do the recruitment, and they will be the judge of the metrics they (and their client, the airline) wish to apply; whilst it may have developed a corporate opinion, the authority is not 'competent' in that regard.

Third, it's already common practice, so unless the authority stops doing anything other than issuing or refusing to issue a licence at the very final stage (i.e., as long as it creates and maintains detailed paperwork about passes and failures, and grades etc) that element of the argument holds no water.

Finally, there are those who ace the exams and tests and those who struggle to get through them. Often, those who struggle at that stage, will also struggle or fail at others. They present a poor risk to the recruiter and employer. Sorry to those who feel this fits them, but it's true.

I'd go back to the authority and ask who wrote that reply and what the justification for it is. It just doesn't hold water.

Was it the UK CAA? PM me if you prefer...

(I should add, as fair disclosure, that I do some recruiting work, though not for the airline under discussion here).

Last edited by B737C525; 4th Aug 2017 at 21:40.