PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Near miss with 5 airliners waiting for T/O on taxiway "C" in SFO!
Old 1st Aug 2017, 14:52
rog747

Received 41 Likes on 21 Posts
not sure why there seems so much confusion over whether ATC called for GA first or not

in the play back of the ATC tape the United flight on taxiway C end waiting for his take off clearly calls (at 15.5 seconds after AC759 queries some lights on 'his runaway') ''wheres this guy goin'' then 3.5 seconds later United calls again ''he's on the taxiway''
(this is now about 20 seconds after AC759 first questions the lights he sees ahead)

then 4.5 seconds later ATC calls for AC759 to go around,
and AC759 immediately replies (now 29 seconds after his first query of lights ahead) ''IN the go around'' - the word IN and his tone implying I am already doing this (supposition on my part)

that implies to me he was already overshooting - if he was not already then I think he would have hit the aircraft waiting - that's my tuppence and I heard that the first day of the released tape which is on Page one of this thread.

in the 29 seconds of tape recording (and 29 seconds seems quite a long time to me) from AC759 first query of lights ahead to him calling 'in the go around'

how far do you fly and descend in that time ?

Last edited by rog747; 3rd Aug 2017 at 06:30.