PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Aiming for 50% Gender Spilt in Interview Candidates
Old 1st Aug 2017, 11:33
Horatio Leafblower

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts
[rant]
I would suggest that a certain predictable percentage of women will be deemed suitable it probably won't be the same percentage as suitable men - it might be more, might be less.
It won't be 50%.
I have hired 4 women and 6 men in the last 3 years, higher proportion of women hired than in the general pilot population. The women I have hired have been the best candidate on the day and I have never had cause to regret the decision or change my mind about the women I have hired.
...I have had some regrets about a small proportion of the males hired and let one of them go.
Without exception, the women I have hired have worked harder and been unrelentingly professional and dilligent compared to the blokes. They have been more loyal (averaging more than 2 years each) and less inclined to bugger off at the first whiff of something better.
They have all moved on with our blessings and the gratitude of our family business for working so hard for us.
Those blokes sitting back and whinging that the chicks are "taking all the jobs" or "getting all the promotions" probably need to worry less about what's between everyone's legs, and more about their own work ethic and professionalism.
[/rant]