PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS 5
Thread: LEEDS 5
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2017, 18:59
zed3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G-FORZ... being one of those who live just above your Bridlington Holmfirth line I agree with what you say. We live in Scarborough and the A64 goes through to Leeds from there. I now avoid the Leeds ring road and go off at Tadcaster, through Boston Spa, via Harewood House and to Poole and then up to the airport. When we moved here from the Netherlands three years ago it was a 75-90 minute drive. It now takes 2 hours on a good day. We fly KLM and wouldn't dream of using MAN, the M62 is far too busy and the train which I used to use before moving is around three hours, with an hourly service and frequently crowded although this should change next year with new trains. Humberside is equidistant as is Durham Tees Valley but their fares are higher (oil/gas, etc. industry). LBA is good and could be better with improved road links, sorely needed just for the intra-Leeds traffic. The airfield IS in the wrong place for that reason and weather reasons but all in all if one accepts the difficulties, does the job... for us.