PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS 5
Thread: LEEDS 5
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2017, 21:25
GdLSF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DavidShepherd
Hi all. Long time lurker, first time poster.

I have to say that Leeds Approach is absolutely spot on with his points about Leeds Bradford (although there seems to be some history here and it looks like he gets some of your backs up).

I live near Leeds, about 20 miles from the airport. I absolutely will not use it anymore. I can get to East Midlands in exactly the same driving time and Manchester in about 15 minutes more driving time.

It is in completely the wrong place to be an attractive place to fly from. It's nowhere near a motorway and the shortest route involves driving down what is little more than a farm track.

To cap off it's poor location is the cost to drop someone off and pick them up again. Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask. Nine quid the other day when I was picking my mother up and three quid when I dropped her off.

I really don't understand why more airlines don't use Doncaster. I flew from there last week, it took 30 mins to get there, all motorway and was a pleasure.

If I am correct and you live in Pontefract, I would like to challenge the time it takes you to get to LBA/EMA/DSA.
To get to LBA, go up the A1/A659/A658, 50 mins max.
to get to EMA, A1/M18/M1/A453, 75 mins min.
To get to DSA, A1/M18/Link Road, 40 mins min. Unless the roads have suddenly been upgraded, less than half the distance on motorway, A1 Doncaster bypass to Link road.

If you don't know why airlines don't use DSA, not enough people want to fly from there.