PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines (info please)
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2017, 06:33
wingdeagle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EagleA25
Sure; but since not everyone of us thinks of themselfs being Captain America himself and belive this could happen to me, too, a little compassion and constructive critizism should be in place. You might be in one of these situations yourself one day and react wrong. We are all too human...

But here a thought: ever spent a minute or two thinking about WHY local pilots are the way they are? Or why there is a general Anti-Expat consensus among them?
Question to you, me guessing you being an Expat like me: would a Vietnamese pilot be allowed to work in YOUR country? Not in mine, and it has nothing to do with their skill level but where the pilot was born...
I politely would like you think a little, you, like me, are a guest worker here taking advantage of a need that the country themselves can not cover as we are not happy working in our own country. We have no right to claim anything...
I could have not said it better, Eagle .

I do agree with the previous statements that unless they really bend metal (and they are on the best way to do it) no one will ever care to ask WHY things are the way they are.

The ever lower getting standards by some (not all) locals, but also Expats with very questionable background and performance will keep hurting the safety record of this airline.

Management has no urge to ask WHY. It's always easier to blame the pilots for not following SOPs than impose a real change. Change away from punitive culture to SMS (I am sure VNA management does not even know what SMS is ... they were too busy chasing the 4th star from Skytrax ... a private company only frequent travelers know about; the majority of traveling public does not, nor do they care). Change will also mean admitting that the way things are going is not the right way, since "loss of face" comes in. Keep having the idiotic "safety debriefs", publicly humiliate pilots; and management is off the hook.

This company has more problems than they realize and deserves tons of criticism. But personally insulting locals, calling them names, using prejudist and racist slurs like a few on this board is discrediting to the ones who are posting them.

Stay safe guys !

Last edited by wingdeagle; 30th Jul 2017 at 22:29.