PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2017, 20:29
bex88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately it's not a huge surprise. The FPP if it runs again is going to look very different. All I heard is BA is no longer prepared to carry the debt on their books. What does that mean? You will have to secure the funding yourself........! The whole point was to find great guys and girls regardless of their ability to secure a loan. Looks like that's gone and it's a great shame. The bods in flight ops have their view but accountants rule it seems. As far as DEP being overlooked for cadets from flight schools first I have heard of it but you have got to expect BA to be looking at other airlines SH FO costs with green eyes. Any accountant will be asking why we are paying newly recruited FO's on the airbus so much more than other airlines. LH granted very different as you require experience but the FPP has proven that BA can operate its SH network with less experience in the RHS. With that we have got to expect an appetite to reduce cost by aiming to recruit cadets. Very often though what is said and what people hear are very different. It would surly take a large policy change and BALPA's agreement to recruit cadets from flight school directly ahead of those in the pool.

BA has to compete with the loco's and it's serious about doing so. With increasing momentum we are becoming one but BA is always going to cater for the smaller premium businesss on SH too. First it was productivity from pilots, then came the FPP, then changes to allowances and flight pay, after that it was the vote for bidline 2. That was the wrong option so we had to vote again until we got it right with JSS coming next year. The product has changed with BOB, outstation staff have been replaced with handling agents etc etc. It not desirable but I do believe it is necessary. Don't believe everything you hear as often it's doom only for it to turn out to be a bit of a pain in the arse.