PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK / Seychelles near miss - 14 July '17
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2017, 08:56
CaptainChipotle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by glofish
Sorry to all those contributors who think that we all should shut up and wait for any investigation results, unless being branded arrogant or flying gods etc.

I guess you have not listened to the tape correctly. Go back and listen to it from 00:40, where the clearance to FL380 (typo earlier, sorry) was issued and wrongly read back.
So far so good, this can happen. But from 01:00 to 01:51, there is very clear evidence of no sa, or whatever you want to call it. During these 50” both aircraft are contacted by the same controller in very short time and both precisely informed about a crossing traffic. The EK flight even acknowledges the traffic information (after a first non reading). At that time all the bells definitely should go off, when ATC informs you directly about a crossing traffic, with the precise time, and indication of the cleared level of the other aircraft, -> climbing to 370 and yourself you are cleared to descend to 360!!! Subsequently the Seychelles flight also gets the traffic information. They acknowledged as well, checked and intervened.

I leave it to anyone listening to the recording to choose with whom of those three you’d like to share the same dense flight environment. The ATC controller, Air Seychelles crew or our 380 crew? My choice is quickly made and I don’t need any investigator outlining to me what was heard or not heard on the air that night. We all know that investigations can be as biased as our own view of incidents. It seems pretty obvious here and that’s why I think that it is neither arrogant nor running to conclusion to state an opinion on here, at this time.
Thanks for proving my point, O' Devine fish.

Once was lost, but now I'm found.

Did you hear what the crew heard IN the FD? Or are you basing your (idiotic) opinion based on a tape?

All pilots must bow to your expertise. Where can I buy your book?

Last edited by CaptainChipotle; 22nd Jul 2017 at 09:15.