PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2017, 08:56
SpazSinbad

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts
I give in - so many unanswerable questions. Just provide some evidence please. My common sense informs me that the HMDS is rugged enough for every day use whilst that would have been part of the specifications for it. Everything about military equipment is that it is designed for the rugged outdoors (can't say about Brit equp butt). Do night vision goggle peeps wear their night vision goggles during daylight? Just flip 'em down I suppose and get rid of them before ejecting - yeah right.

We are told the F-35 has a good auto pilot which pilot can control very easily with simple switchology - so hands free flying is a no brainer. I'll guess fumblebum pilots are weeded out long before they get to the F-35. Shirley Frankly is my ridiculous middle name.

By the by with one switch the pilot can view behind with HMDS via the DAS - targets are tracked through 360 degrees - they know where youse are at and they keep track within at least ten miles and can differentiate between bogies & goodies which many stories relate is very difficult with modern aircraft having seemingly similar visual characteristics.

As for the HMDS tests. By golly gee they test a 100 million dollar airyplane thoroughly over many years - ya think they will get around to testing the HMDS under many conditions? OH NO they have to treat it as though it is a FABERGE EGG!